Though the conventional methods of smoked foods are still used, but let us think out of the box. Unfortunately, most of the people nowadays are unaware that using the old smokers that work with charcoal produce harmful gases like carbon monoxide (Study), carbon dioxide and many other gases that are very harmful for out atmosphere. This also leads to global warming and deletion of ozone layer. However, with the electric smokers, there aren’t any charcoals, no ash and no harmful gases. They not only serve you delicious food, but also keep the atmosphere clean and safe.
Why You Need an Electric Smoker?
An electric smoker is among the most versatile appliances with which you can easily cook fish, bacon, salmon ribs, steak or even vegetables. These electric smokers require a bit of practice to use them, but once you set them up properly, cooking becomes fun. Electric smokers also kick the fuss of visiting your appliance again and again for hours. Why? Because these modern technologies (article) have a smart monitoring system that controls the temperature, lets you fiddle them with dampers, shovel them with coal, add wood and even spritz your meat. Having the best smoker cooks delicious smoked food on time. Some of the features of best electric smokers are as follows;
- Affordable: Although a few highly advanced electric smokers can be as much as $500, but you can easily find a quality one for your family in less than $200 which we think is a reasonable long term investment.
- Advance Features: With an electric smoker, you can sit back while the food is being cooked. Why? Because of the advanced features like temperature adjustment and automatic turn off feature. In case of the old smokers, you have to stand near the smoker until it gets cooked.
- Durable Construction: The best electric smokers come with a thick metal having durable insulations and seals. The thick steel wall absorbs the heat and then evenly spreads it throughout the chamber that helps in thorough cooking. The old smokers quite often leaked from different points. However, electric smokers are free from all such defects. They have a durable seal that makes them leak proof.
- Adjustable: Of course you can adjust the temperature ranges as per your cooking requirements. Fish, salmon, bacon, etc. demand high-temperature levels while vegetables require low temperature. So, you can easily adjust the temperature.
- Ease of Storage: Most of the electric cookers have a very smart design that makes them perfect to be stored in the kitchen, or carry it with you on family trips. Their ergonomic design lets you easily store them in your kitchen.
- Ease of use: These advanced electric smokers are user-friendly, and also allows you to not only cook fish or steak but also vegetables. This makes them perfect for people with different tastes.
How to Select an Electric Smoker
When it comes to choosing an electric smoker you have to be very specific about what features you want or are best for you. Consider the size of the smoker, power requirements and material used. Most of the people will just go through the basic features and hit the buy button. So we have listed the 6 most crucial thing to look for before you actually consider clicking buying just any electric smoker These include;
Construction must always be of stainless steel because it absorbs and spreads the heat in the chamber and also ensures that the unit doesn’t leak. A poor sealing will definitely affect the thoroughness of smoke in the food. In terms of a smoker, the most critical part of the construction process is the seal because you have to ensure that maximum smoke remains inside the chamber.
2: Power Requirements
In case of the power requirements of an electrical smoker, always ensure that the main electrical feeder in your house is enough to supply the required electricity. Nearly all electrical smokers for households come with standard electricity requirements.
Of course, this appliance would be stored in your kitchen or possibly in the storeroom. So be sure as to which size you opt in for when buying an electric smoker.
4: Storage Capacity
Always choose an electric smoker that has a greater storage capacity. Even if you are a family of 5, you should consider choosing an electric smoker with fairly more storage capacity. Who knows when you have to serve your guest with delicious smoked food.
5: Energy Conservation Features
Opt in for an electrical smoker with quality energy conservation features. There must be a standby feature or an auto-off functionality when the cooking process is done to save energy. For safety features, you can read more here.
6: Type of Material Used
Once again we would emphasize that stainless steel material is the best and most recommended material for electric smokers. You may find other materials as well, but they aren’t worth it in the long run.