When it comes to electric smokers, I’ve personally owned one of the older models of the Bradley Smokers and have loved it. After years of use, its time to step up to a smoker with a larger capacity. My first instinct was to go with what I know, but it’s a good dea to survey the market as a whole and see what’s out there. I’m sure glad that I did. The Bradley still makes my top three, but it’s joined by contenders from Masterbuilt and Char-Broil, companies who have been producing grills and smokers for decades and definitely know what they’re doing as well.
1. Masterbuilt 20070910, 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker
Masterbuilt 20070910 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker, Top Controller
5 used from $ 208.83
- 730 sq. inches of cooking space with 4 chrome-coated racks and 800 watt heating element
- Digital temperature and timer controls
- Thermostat temperature control for even cooking from 100 to 275 degrees F
- Convenient side loading wood chips, removable drip pan and top air damper
- Ideal smoker for all experience levels
• Digital top controls without a window.
• Various styles available, at variable prices, the lowest being the model in the title ($206.94, free shipping).
• 730 sq. inches cooking area, 4 chrome coated racks and 800 Watt heating element.
• Fully insulated.
• Thermostat temperature control for sustained cooking from 100 to 275 degrees F.
• Side loading wood chips, removable drip pan and top air damper.
• Automatic shutdown feature.
The smoker’s simplicity starts with its intuitive pushbutton digital control panel, which includes temperature settings that range from 100 to 275 degrees F. Easy to set, the temperature is remarkably consistent, so your food comes out exactly the way you expect. In addition to the thermostatically controlled heat, all walls in the smoker are 100-percent insulated for energy-efficient, even cooking. No more overcooked meat on one side and half raw meat on the other. Plus, the control panel includes a 24-hour timer with an automatic shutoff, so food is never overcooked or dry.
2. Char-Broil Standard Digital Electric Smoker, 725 Square Inch
• Digital front control panel without a window.
• Various styles available, at variable prices, the lowest being the model in
the title ($203.52, free shipping).
• Insulated double-wall construction, definitely a great feature for safety.
• A removable food thermometer, this is something really innovative so you can keep track of the temperature inside the smoked meat.
• 725 sq. inch cooking area with 4 adjustable smoking racks.
• Automatic shut down feature.
• Warming feature that maintains warm temperatures for the food.
• Smoke tight seal with a locking latch.
• High capacity grease tray, which makes maintenance very easy.
The Digital Electric Smoker from Char-Broil allows the user to take the guess work out of smoking using its washable and removable integrated meat probe. Simply insert the probe into the meat and the smoker will alert you when the meat has been cooked to a pre-determined internal meat temperature. The result – your meat is cooked perfect, each and every time. And when your food is done cooking, this Char-Broil smoker’s warming feature will keep your food warm inside the smoker until it is removed and ready to be served.
Bradley Smokers Original Smokers (33.5×17.5×20.25 inch)
• Analog front controls without a window.
• Two different styles available, at different prices and features, the lowest being the model in the title ($268.90, free shipping).
• Stainless steel interior.
• 4 removable racks.
• 250 degrees F maximum temperature.
• Side loading bisquettes. An important note about the bisquettes is that you can only purchase them from Bradley, however they are made from high quality wood and come in different flavors.
The Bradley Original Smoker makes home smoking easy and convenient. With an automatic wood feeder system and consistent, accurate temperature control, you take guesswork out of attaining the perfect smoke. The automatic wood bisquette feeder system enables clean, continuous smoke for up to eight hours without re-fueling.
You can’t go wrong with any of these three choices. Each has distinct differences which will help lead you to your overall preference.